Have a look at all the tasks and lessons you have done over the last few weeks. Your task now is to make a cover/a front page for your very own magazine.
- Go through the Graphic design history time line and choose a style and designer that you feel relates best to your personality, even has similar traits to you.
- Using that designer/style as inspiration, use your name or part of your name ( be creative) and create a title/name for your magazine
- Add your own pictures, text, illustrations, elements as well as the proper typography and titles for your cover.
- The expression must represent your personality. (Remember the color choice regarding this).
- Remember to include what kind of magazine it is, i.e.cars/bikes, fashion, design, weddings, etc.These are my cover designs for this week.My first design “Nordic Waters”, I tried working with the photo and its colors to get good readability. I drew visual inspiration from some hunting and fishing magazines. The image is my own photo taken earlier this year.
However i ended up starting over again and designed “Vector Magazine”.
The titles are a little more simplistic and contain less text. I think this resulted in a clearer message. I also felt this was more “me” style wise.
The illustration in vector Magazine was illustrated specifically for the cover using Adobe illustrator.
I decided naming the “Magazine” Vector as i was using vector art on the cover.My name is also Torhaug so vecTor is a nice coincidence.
The Style era would be 1990 – 2005.
The artist that inspired me for the illustration was Michael Turner.
He was a comic book artist when i was young.He sadly passed away due to bone cancer. But his art style definitely has had a strong influence on me as a young artist, so much so it is almost on a subliminal level in allot of my work now.
Thank you for reading.